Here are a few things we recommend while planning your future site:
- Create a sketch of your site and identify your long term development planting plan.
- Consider site maintenance – will the placement of trees provide ease of mowing grass?
- Does the site need protection from the wind? – is a shelter belt needed?
- Consider the placement of stakes and where trees will be as it helps to visualize final look and spacing.
- Consider spacing between trees – a mature Colorado Spruce in North-Western Alberta can reach a height of 50 feet with a spread of 15 feet!